Tips for Reducing Your Bills Following an Air Conditioning Installation or Repairs in Caloundra
Now that the summer is just around the corner, it might be time to consider having a new air conditioning installation in Caloundra. Even if you think there’s nothing wrong with your current air conditioning, you could start making a significant saving on your energy bill by installing a more modern and economic system. When the temperatures soar, you’ll likely have to power your air conditioner almost all day and night, meaning investing in new units could be worthwhile.
However, some people still waste cash needlessly despite having the most technologically advanced and environmentally friendly units, and that’s usually because they don’t know how to use their AC efficiently or fail to keep it in top condition. At the very least, you ought to clean your air filters every month during the summer and once for each of the other seasons, but it’s a smarter idea to let the professionals inspect and repair your air conditioning in Caloundra annually at the minimum.
At Queensland Electrical Company, we know that homeowners in Caloundra rely on their air conditioning year-round, especially during the summer months. Because remaining comfortable indoors is a necessity, we only install the most technologically advanced and economic systems that promise to survive years with minimal maintenance. Below, we’ve provided a few pointers to help you keep your energy bills to a minimum this summer.
Maximise the Efficiency of Your Air Conditioning Installation in Caloundra
If there’s a problem with your AC, you ought to have repairs sooner rather than later for the sake of your utility bills. However, assuming your air conditioning is already in excellent condition, here’s how to minimise your energy use:
- Keep Your Home Cool Rather than Chilled: It’s tempting to set the AC to its coldest setting when the heat is unbearable, but doing so won’t help you save on your bills. Running costs increase by 10% for every 1°C reduction, so keep your AC set to between 24 and 27°C for optimum efficiency.
- Clean Your Units: It doesn’t take long for your AC units to fill with dirt and dust particles, which make your AC work harder to achieve your desired temperature.
- Position Your Units Correctly: When having your air conditioner installed, ensure the installer positions your outdoor unit in the shade as this can increase running efficiency by 10%.
- Invest in Roof Ventilation: You need your roof to let heat escape during the hottest times of the year because a roof can be responsible for up to 35% of the heat build-up inside a property.
- Install New Insulation: By bolstering your home’s insulation, you can keep the cold air inside and the hot air outside during summer. Plus, when temperatures drop again, you can maintain the warmth indoors.
Trust Queensland Electrical Company for Installations, Repairs and Servicing
Some people believe they have no choice but to pay high energy bills to keep their homes cool, but that’s not always the case. By remembering the tips above, you can reduce your utility bills and minimise the need for air conditioning repairs in Caloundra. Call our professionals today for more information and advice.